How do I transfer my domain name to HostMySite.com?
Each domain name is purchased from a registrar. HostMySite.com purchases domain names from TuCows. If you purchased your domain name from a different registrar and would like to have HostMySite.com become responsible for the domain name, you will need to ensure your domain name is ready for transfer and then contact HostMySite.com’s support staff to request a registrar transfer.
A registrar transfer will move the domain name from the current registrar to our registrar, TuCows. Although this is not necessary, there are a few advantages to having HostMySite.com become the registrar:
- Single point of contact for your domain name and website
- 24x7x365 hour support for your domain name
- Yearly hosting accounts are eligible for free domain name renewal
To initiate a registrar transfer, please following these steps:
- Verify a DNS zone has been configured for your domain name on our name servers.
- Perform a whois lookup on your domain name.
- Verify your domain name is pointing to our name servers. If it is not, repoint your domain name to HostMySite.com’s name servers. This will take 24 – 72 hours to propagate.
- Verify you have access to the email address listed as the administrative contact. If not, you will need to have your current registrar update this email address.
- Allow the appropriate time for any propagation or updates to your domain name to occur.
- Contact your registrar to unlock your domain.
- Contact HostMySite.com’s support staff to initiate the transfer.
Once the transfer has been initiated, an email will be sent to the administrative contact for the domain name. You must reply to this email confirming the transfer. Once confirmation is received the transfer should proceed. It can take up to 7 days for the transfer to complete. Your website should still function properly during the transfer.