How do I add a wildcard DNS record?
The following article explains how to create a wildcard DNS record that will allow any name to be placed in front of a domain name. For example, name1.yourdomainname.com or name2.yourdomainname.com, will resolve to yourdomainame.com.
This option can only be done through the Basic DNS Administrator.
To add a wildcard DNS record, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as one of the following:
- Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain
- Technical Contact for the domain