How do I manage my FrontPage Extensions through the Control Panel?
The following article explains how to install and manage FrontPage extensions for a website.
The FrontPage extensions need to be installed to be able to use FrontPage with your website.
To manage your FrontPage extensions, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as one of the following:
- Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain
- Technical Contact for the domain
- Click on Internet Information Service (IIS) and select FrontPage Admin.
- You can now choose to install or modify FrontPage extensions from the steps below.
To install the FrontPage Extensions for your website, please follow these steps:
- Click Add FrontPage Extensions.
To modify your FrontPage Extensions, you have the following options:
- Uninstall Front Page Extensions – removes FrontPage from your site (the server will remember that FrontPage was previously installed in case you need to reinstall it)
- Check/Fix Front Page Extensions – repairs the FrontPage extensions for your site
- Recalculate Front Page Extensions – recalculates your site with FrontPage (similar to republishing your site)
- Full Uninstall of FrontPage Extensions – completely removes FrontPage from your site (the server will have no knowledge of FrontPage ever being install for this site)
Note: If you experience problems with your website, one common solution is to run Check/Fix and then recalculate the extensions. The FrontPage extensions will be repaired and re-assigned to each page in your website, fixing most problems with FrontPage. If you still experience problems with your FrontPage site, please contact customer support at support@HostMySite.com.