How do I create a distribution list?
The following article explains how to create a distribution list. A distribution list allows you to create a single email address that will send mail to users on the list. You can only add users that are configured for Exchange to the distribution list.
To create a distribution, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as one of the following:
- Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain
- Technical Contact for the domain
- Expand Exchange Administration and select Distribution Lists.
- Enter the requested information:
- List Name: the name of the list (this is also the email address of the list)
- Email Aliases: alternate email addresses for the list (optional)
- Description: a description of the list
- Managed By: the user in charge of the list
- Hide From Address Book: check this if you do not want the list to appear in the address book
- Users: the users in exchange that will receive messages sent to the list
- Contacts: a list of contacts you have currently configured
- Distribution List: a list of distribution lists you have currently configured
- Allow List to Send to: specify the type of users the list can send to
- Allow List to Send to Users: specify individual users the list can send to (only necessary if Specific Users is selected)
- Click Add List.
Once the distribution has been created, it will appear on the Distribution Lists page as well as in your Global Address list in Outlook, unless Hide From Address Book was selected.