Get the most from Outlook Web Access
Outlook Web Access (OWA) is available using most Web browsers. The version and features of OWA is dependent on the browser. OWA has a premium version that is only available when using Internet Explorer 6+. Other browsers use the basic version of OWA.
Although it is not necessary to use Internet Explorer for OWA, we recommend using it to take advantage of the premium features.
The following are some features that are only available in OWA premium:
- Preview Pane: view a preview of your email message
- Mark as Read/Unread: enables users to mark unread messages as read or vice versa
- Notifications: new email and meeting reminder notifications
- Spell Checker: built in spell checking when composing email
- Keyboard Shortcuts: create shortcuts for common tasks such as creating a new message and replying
- Address Book Messages: create new messages from the address book after finding the recipient