How do I point my mail to a server that is not hosted with HostMySite?
The following article explains how to point your mail to a server that is not hosted with HostMySite. You will need to know either the name of the mail server or the IP address of the mail server. This information can be provided to you by your email administrator.
To point your mail to a different server, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as one of the following:
- Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain
- Technical Contact for the domain
- Click on Domain Name Administration and select DNS Administration.
- If you have more than one domain, select the appropriate domain name from the list shown. If you have a large number of domain names, you can use the search feature or click Click here to see a list of all your domains.
Basic DNS Administrator
- Select Basic DNS Administration.
- Select Not using HostMySite’s mailservers? and click Next.
- Select if you will be pointing to a Domain Name or an IP Address.
- Enter the appropriate information:
- Domain Name
- IP Address
- Domain Name
- Click Submit.
Advanced DNS Administrator
- Select Advanced DNS Administration.
- Click Update next to the MX record.
- Enter either the domain name or IP address of the new mail server.
- Click Update.