A Basic Guide to InternetMerchant
Merchant services are needed to accept and process credit cards from your website. There are many steps involved in accepting credit cards because of the many interested parties. Transactions involve your customer, your customer's bank, your customer's credit card issuer and your bank.
InternetMerchant is an established industry leader in credit card processing, servicing over 250,000 customers in both traditional and Internet businesses. They are a world-class provider of merchant services ranging from merchant accounts to credit card processing and more, providing superior support every step of the way.
Advantages of working with Internet Merchant
- Single source for ecommerce software, service and support
- Competitive industry pricing
- 98% merchant application approval rate
- Merchant account approval guaranteed within 48 hours
- 24/7 customer service support, offered in more than 140 languages and dialects
- State-of-the-art technology to minimize chargebacks and protect against credit card fraud
- A tailored merchant Web site providing complete online merchant account information in real time
- A dedicated point-of-sale (POS) Help Desk team with more than 100 experienced, specifically trained specialists who will resolve merchant and customer inquiries
Merchant Services Terms & Definitions:
- Application and Setup Fee
An initial fee paid to merchant service provider for establishment of account, processing and reporting tools & capabilities.
- Discount Rate
The percentage of the transaction that the merchant is charged by the merchant service provider for facilitating a credit card transaction.
Example: ( 2.19% of $100 = $2.19 )
- Per Transaction Fee
A small charge paid to the "processing network" (e.g., Visa/MasterCard) for use of their system, for each transaction processed.
Example: ( 2.19% of $100 = $2.19 + .25 cents for the transaction = $2.44 )
- Monthly Minimum
There is no minimum amount of transaction fees you need to accrue every month.
- Monthly Service Fee
Monthly service fee paid to merchant service providers for technical support.
- Gateway Fee
A monthly fee associated with the processing of all transactions done in a month's time.