Hostmysite Scope of Support
At HostMySite, our mission is to provide enterprise-class service at small business prices. First and foremost, that means keeping your website up and running at all times. Our team of skilled Support Technicians is also available 24x7x365 to assist you if you need help connecting to your site, configuring your account, or if you think there might be an issue with the performance or availability of your site. In order to remain immediately available for customers with urgent issues, we ask that customers consult our extensive on-line documentation for “how to” questions before calling our operations hotline.
While we do our best to solve any problem – there are certain issues that are beyond our scope of support. For example, if you need help debugging source code for an application you are developing–while we would love to help you–we are not software developers. We can, however, help to confirm whether all of our systems (e.g. databases, network, web servers, etc.) are functioning normally to help you isolate the problem. It’s also not possible for us to be fluent in every web application or client-side publishing program (there are just too many of them), but we can help with basic configuration settings (e.g. MySQL server address, FTP login information, etc.) for any application or client you might be installing.
What we support:
- Common Services. We continually monitor and ensure that all basic services are working, such as FTP, email, SSH, web services and our Control Panel. Our number one priority is to make sure that the web servers, data centers, and network connections are functioning at optimal performance levels.
- Basic e-mail and FTP client configuration. We provide instructions for using the most common e-mail and FTP clients. If you need additional help, do not hesitate to open a support ticket or call us. We will do our best to assist you with making a connection to your account.
- Server Software. We will maintain and secure all software that resides on a server, such as SQL, MySQL, PHP, ColdFusion, .NET, Apache, and IIS. We will determine the version and configuration of the software on our servers. As a result, the software we have installed may not always be the latest version available to the public or be compatible with your application.
Things that are beyond our scope of support:
- Scripts & Applications. We are not capable of reviewing source code, or assisting with the development of your website or application. You are responsible for the installation and operation of any and all scripts and applications. You are responsible for maintaining the latest version of any and all scripts and applications necessary for your site to work properly. We are not capable of determining reasons for sites that become compromised.
- Data Backup. You are responsible for maintaining current backups of your data. We maintain our own backups in the event of a disaster; however, we do not guarantee the availability or restoration of any lost data. Should you request a restore of any lost or corrupt data, should it exist, a fee of $35.00 will automatically be charged to your account. In the event the lost data was the fault of HostMySite, we would waive any associated restore fees.
- Email Restores. We do not offer recovery of lost or deleted emails. We recommend you first check your deleted items folder if you accidentally delete an email. If you have your deleted items folder set to auto-clean or you delete the messages from your deleted items folder, these messages will not be retrievable by HostMySite. If this is a service you will need, we recommend a VPS or Dedicated solution with Plesk or cPanel.
- Third party applications. Whether server-side or client-side, we do not support applications other than those that are distributed with our hosting accounts.
- Hardware not provided or maintained by us. Some customers like our support so much, they ask us to help them with things completely unrelated to their hosting account (e.g. configuring a printer on their network). We wish this were feasible!